Automation Can Improve Accuracy Up to 100% … With Double or Triple Throughput Rates!
AS/RS Systems are typically used in the following environments:
- Operations with a high volume and number of SKUs.
- Facilities with high density requirements due to space constraints.
- Applications requiring extremely high accuracy and pick rates.
And achieve the following benefits:
- Space savings
- Reduced labor
- Increased productivity
- Increase accuracy
- Reduced inventory levels
- Enhanced Customer Service
AS/RS can be broken into two main categories; Fixed Aisle Stacker Crane and Carrousel. Fixed aisle systems are typically larger systems whereas carousels are often used individually or in small groups in medium-sized applications. Fixed Aisle AS/RS Stacker Cranes are often supported on a floor mounted track/rail and guided at the top by rails or channels. Cranes travel between fixed storage locations to deposit or retrieve a requested load; whether it is a single small tray, tote or heavy pallet load.
Types of AS/RS Devices:
- Unit-Load – Unit Load Systems move, store or retrieve pallet loads.
- Mini-Load – Mini-Load AS/RS move, store or retrieve items in trays.
- Micro-Load – Micro-Load AS/RS move, store or retrieve items in totes or cartons.
- AS/RS Carousels with Auto Inserters/Extractors – Standard Horizontal Carousels utilize a series of bins attached to an oval track which rotates on demand to deliver stored goods to an operator. AS/RS Carousels add high precision inserters and extractors which automatically pick programmed totes or boxes for transfer to the output conveyor.